8 easy ways to get more out of your money in less time
Doing more in less time; you know that’s how technology can help you work smarter and automate your financial life. But do you realize you can use it to bank smarter, too — and get more out of your money in a lot less time? Here are eight easy ways:
- Use Online and Mobile Banking. Wondering what your account balance is? Or if a check has cleared your account? Instead of calling the bank or reviewing your monthly account statement, enroll in Online and Mobile Banking to view up-to-the-minute account activity — any time. With these convenient services, you can check balances, transfer funds, and even set account alerts to notify you about specific account activity.
- Pay bills and people electronically. Think paying bills is a hassle? You can make it a whole lot easier by paying them electronically with online bill payment. Use Bill Pay to pay your regular monthly bills, like utilities and credit cards. You can even arrange to have recurring bill payments, such as your rent or mortgage paid automatically each month. You can send money directly to people you know using your mobile phone too. Zelle® is a fast, safe, and easy way to send money to family and friends using just a U.S. mobile number or email address. Here’s also how you can bank smarter and pay your bills electronically with Main Street Bank.
- Set up automatic debits. Need to pay your gym membership or your monthly phone bill? You can save time by having billers automatically debit your account each month. All you need to do is provide your account number and your routing and transit number.
- Shop smarter with your debit card. Whether you’re going to the store or on vacation, be sure to bring along your debit card for a fast, safe, and convenient way to pay for purchases. Using a debit card is faster than writing a check and a lot safer than carrying cash.
- Deposit checks from your mobile device. Need to cash a check? With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit your check in seconds — right from your mobile device. You’ll save a trip to the bank or ATM and will have faster access to your money, and here’s how you can easily do it.
- Sign up for electronic statements. You’ll not only save valuable time storing and filing statements; you’ll also help save paper – and the planet.
- Set up transfers to savings. For a convenient and easy way to save money, arrange to have funds from your checking account automatically deposited to your savings account each month.
- Sign up for direct deposit. Why wait to receive a paper check on payday? With direct deposit, your funds can be automatically deposited into your checking or savings account on payday, giving you immediate access to your money.
Bank smarter and automate your banking today. We have the tools to help make your finances just a bit easier to manage. Check out all of our eBanking options to learn more! or book an appointment online with a banker to help you walk through any of these options.