At Main Street Bank, your checking account may have a number, but you are much more than that to us! Your checking account options come with the benefits you want and the services you need.
See how our checking accounts stack up, and choose the best fit for you:
|Neighborhood Rewards Checking||Main Street Checking||Main Street Interest Checking|
|ATM Fee Refunds*||✓||x||x|
|Online Banking with Bill Pay||✓||✓||✓|
|Mobile Banking & Mobile Deposit||✓||✓||✓|
|e-Statements & e-Tax Forms||✓||✓||✓|
|Apple Pay & Samsung Pay||✓||✓||✓|
|Minimum Balance||No minimum balance||No minimum balance||$500.00|
|Minimum Deposit to Open||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Monthly Fee||No monthly fee||No monthly fee||$5.00 (1)|
|Per Check Fee||No per check fee||No per check fee||$0.25 (2)|
|Open Online||Open Online||Open Online|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
(1) $5.00 monthly maintenance fee applies if account daily balance falls below $500.
(2) $0.25 per check fee applies if account daily balance falls below $500.
See our Retail Summary of Fees. All accounts are subject to account opening processes and standards, and such standards must be met for any new account to be opened.
Neighborhood Rewards Checking
Our Neighborhood Rewards Checking is a free account that is designed to reward you for your banking. This account is for all our customers who are passionate about banking with Main Street Bank.
By fulfilling a few requirements, you can earn a $5 credit* deposited to your account each statement cycle.
Earn rewards each month:
- $5 credit each statement cycle*
- ATM fee refunds (up to $15 per statement cycle)*
How to earn your rewards:
- 5 account transactions per statement cycle
- Use at least 5 of the following services per statement cycle:
- Have a Main Street Bank savings account
- Direct deposit in your Neighborhood Rewards Checking account
- Have a Main Street Bank loan
- Automatic payment from your Neighborhood Rewards Checking account to a Main Street Bank loan
- $5,000 in combined deposit balances
- $50,000 in combined outstanding loan balances
- 12 Debit Card purchases per statement cycle
- Use Zelle®
The Neighborhood Rewards Checking account is always free, even when you don’t meet the rewards qualification. We keep this account free by encouraging our customers to take advantage of the many other services that we provide as a bank, such as loans, savings accounts, and digital banking services.
Main Street Checking
It’s really free checking with no restrictions and no requirements and comes with other great free services. Back-to-basics banking at its best.
- No minimum balance requirement
- No maintenance fee
- No per check charge
Main Street Interest Checking
Looking to earn some interest on your checking account? Our Interest Checking is an option for those seeking to earn some interest on their checking balance.
- Interest earning (check out our Deposit Interest Rates)
- $500 minimum daily balance requirement
- $5.00 monthly maintenance fee if balance falls below the daily minimum
- $0.25 cents per check fee if balance falls below the daily minimum
If you are age 65 or older, or age 18 or younger, then you might qualify for an account without having to pay a service, maintainence, or similar charge. This is a great option for seniors or teenagers who are looking for a reliable account while avoiding monthly fees.
Monthly maintenance fees, check order fees and other fees may be waived or reduced for qualified customers 18 years of age or younger and customers 65 years of age or older, regardless of the account balance. Please notify the bank when you open your account(s) if you are in either of these groups so we can explain the qualification requirements. Once the account owner reaches 19 years of age, the account will be subject to all current standard fees, including service and check order fees.
Massachusetts 18-65 Law
If you are under 18 or over 65, please ask us about the 18-65 law. The Massachusetts 18-65 law allows any person who is 65 years of age or older or 18 years of age or younger to have a savings and a checking account at a MA state-chartered savings bank, co-operative bank or trust company without having to pay a service, maintenance or similar charge.