Main Street Group Foundation
Supporting our neighbors and communities is part of our DNA. That’s why we created the charitable foundation, Main Street Group Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization which is solely funded by Main Street Group Bancshares MHC. The mission of the Main Street Group Foundation is to make a positive difference in the communities in which we do business. We know that our lives are richer when we support one another, the Main Street Group Foundation allows us to continuously give back to those in need.
Areas of Focus
Youth and Education – We seek programs that create opportunities for early childhood and K-12 youth that fulfill their educational experience, promote their well-being, and inspire them to excel academically to create opportunities for life-long success through learning.
Community Economic Development – We look to partner with local nonprofit organizations that provide innovative ways to help strengthen our neighborhoods (and people) in areas such as:
- Affordable housing advocacy
- Health and Human services
- High School, College Career readiness (ex: United Way Youth Venture)
The following guidelines are considered with each grant request:
- Main Street Group Foundation supports organizations and programs that improve the lives of community members (our neighbors) within our geographic footprint (communities in which we all live, work and play in)
- We support organizations that demonstrate leadership, evidence of impact, financial soundness and the capacity to implement initiatives and evaluate their success
- Main Street Group Foundation provides grants only to registered non-profit, nongovernmental, civic or education organizations that comply with local tax laws
- Engage Main Street Bank employees and leverage their expertise (traditional and skills-based volunteering)
- Have clear objectives, indicators of success, and a clear articulated system for measuring impact
- Review all complete applications received during the stated cycle timing
Main Street Group Foundation is less likely to:
- Make gifts for general purpose or operating support
- Make gifts directly or indirectly to governmental organizations
To qualify for donations from the Foundation, organizations must submit a grant request, outlining the scope of the request, the amount and the market area impact.
For additional information, please contact: