Buying a home is an important milestone, no matter what stage of life you’re in, and we’re here to make you feel comfortable every step of the way. Main Street Bank specializes in:
- Fixed Rate and Adjustable Rate mortgages for residential 1-4 family homes. The property may be owner occupied, non-owner occupied, or a vacation home.
- First Time Homebuyer programs with down payment requirements as low at 3%.
- Construction Loan programs where only interest is paid for the first 12 months, followed by regular monthly principal and interest payments, with only one loan closing
What you’ll need to include to help us make a decision on your application:
- W-2’s for the last 2 years, 2 years tax returns if you are self-employed or paid commission
- Year to date paystub for the most recent 30 days
- Social Security or Disability Award letter
- Divorce decree if you are paying or receiving alimony
- Verify receipt of alimony/child support for the most recent 6 months, usually with bank statements
- Mortgage Statements on properties you currently own
- Homeowners insurance binders on properties you currently own
- Bank statements for the most recent 2-month period to ensure there are sufficient funds to close the loan requested
- 401-K Statement
- Billing statements for any bill you request to pay off with the loan proceeds
- Purchase and sales agreement if a purchase
To streamline the process you may choose to receive your documents electronically, and you can even sign these electronically at your convenience! Once you apply online we will send you an e-consent form. If you agree to e-consent, you may upload the necessary documents to our portal securely. If you do not agree you can mail or bring in to the branch. For your protection, please do not email the documentation unless you can send a secure email.
Please contact one of our Community Lenders to get started. You can reach any of our lenders directly by phone or email – they’re very accessible, and ready to help!
You may apply online, in person or on the phone. You may call any lender to schedule an appointment to learn more. If you apply online, please select the Community Lender who has helped you.
We’ll ask for the following information:
- Name, current address, employer and address of employer, social security number and authorization to pull your credit, contact information, income, how much you are looking to borrow and if you are looking to purchase or refinance.
- Property address for the subject property. If you are looking for a home and are interested in a preapproval input the town and state but no street address.