Main Street Bank has taken many steps to make sure you are protected online:
- 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SLL) technology. To access your accounts, you must use a browser that supports a 256-bit encryption.
- A User ID and Password are required every time you login. Your sign on information is used for accessing your accounts online – never share them with anyone.
- The computers that run our site are protected by firewalls, which are systems that prevent unauthorized access to our network. They are constantly monitored to prevent security breaches.
- A Main Street Bank online session will automatically end, or “time out”, if you do not perform any transactions for twenty minutes. To resume your session, you will have to log back in to Online Banking.
- When using a new device to log into Online Banking for the first time, an additional level of security is added with an automated phone call to the primary phone number for you, SMS text message to the primary cell phone number for you, or additional “out-of-wallet” questions must be answered before being prompted to enter your password.