Main Street Bank is excited to share our reading program, in partnership with local libraries in our communities. We’re promoting books and savings with a program that encourages and rewards children for reading, and gives back to the libraries at the same time.
How does it work?
When a child reads 10 books during the length of the program, Main Street Bank will give her or him a $10* deposit to a Main Street Bank account, plus we will match that with a $10* donation to the library in that child’s community.
Currently, the following libraries are participating in our reading program:
Lunenburg Public Library (Lunenburg, MA)
Reuben Hoar Library (Littleton, MA)
Lawrence Library (Pepperell, MA)
Hazen Memorial Library (Shirley, MA)
Don’t see your local library listed here? Please let them know about this program! Contact us to look into setting up a reading program near you.
How to Qualify:
- Visit one of our local participating libraries or Main Street Bank branch to pick up a book tracking sheet
- All children ages 0-12 years old are eligible
- Must read or have 10 books read to you by an adult
- Limit one sheet per child
- Must have a Main Street Bank account
How it works:
- Have your completed book tracker signed
- Bring your book tracker to your local branch (hopefully in the town where your library is!)
- Receive a $10 deposit into your account
We will match that with a $10* donation to the local, participating library.
How to open an account at Main Street Bank:
* 10 will be deposited into an existing or new account at Main Street Bank at the time the completed book tracking sheet is brought into a Main Street Bank location. See all deposit account interest rates. All accounts are subject to standard account opening processes and standards, and such standards must be met for any bonus to be paid. All applicable taxes are the responsibility of the bonus recipient. Bonuses limited to one account per customer. Offer may end at any time.