In this constantly changing environment, we are appreciative of your patience and understanding as we navigate our “new normal” together. Your support has been critical for us to continue doing business and serving our customers and communities.
Here is what you can expect from us as we open and change our operations to better serve your needs, while being mindful of your health and safety.
Phased Branch Reopening Plan
Phase 1 – Up until June 21, 2020.
- Primary way of completing banking transactions is through the drive-up or other remote options, such as mobile banking, online banking, or online account applications.
- Lobby access is available by appointment only, although our personal bankers will also recommend remote options for certain types of transactions to keep you and our employees as safe as possible.
Phase 2 – We reopened lobbies, keeping a close eye on maximum capacities at each of our locations.
- Monday June 22, 2020: We reopened the lobbies of our locations on 7 Main Street, Ayer, MA and 81 Granger Blvd., Marlborough, MA.
- Monday July 6, 2020: All branch locations have been reopened to the public.
Phase 3 – We anticipate that by Tuesday, September 8, 2020, any adjustments will be determined with guidance from the Governor and medical recommendations.
Steps Main Street Bank has Taken to Protect You
We have taken several precautions to ensure your health and safety, while still being able to do your banking. Following guidance from the State of Massachusetts, we have already implemented the following:
- Employees are wearing face coverings and we have put social distancing measures in place, including floor markers for spacing and traffic flow.
- We provide hand-washing and hand-sanitizing capabilities and we are regularly sanitizing high-touch areas, along with routine professional cleaning of our branches and offices.
- We have installed sneeze-guards at the teller stations and customer service desks.
- We are following guidance from the Massachusetts Governor and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
How You Can Help Us
As we reopen our locations to the public, we ask for your support and cooperation to ensure the safety and security of yourself and others.
- We require all customers and bank employees wear a facial mask while in public areas of our buildings, such as branch lobbies and public offices. If you do not have a facial mask, a temporary disposable mask will be provided for you to enter the building.
- We will ask for all customers and outside visitors to momentarily remove any masks, sunglasses, hats, or other facial coverings while at a safe distance to verify each person’s identity for the safety of our staff and customers.
- We ask that you limit the number of unnecessary visitors to our branches whenever possible; for example, if you are opening a new account, only bring the person or persons who will be on that account.
- We encourage you to use any of our convenient remote banking options when possible. Find out all the different ways you can conduct your banking in the chart below.
We Welcome Your Feedback
Your input is extremely valuable to us. We welcome you to share your feedback with us about your banking experience during the past few months. Please use the link below to take 3-5 minutes to answer a few questions to help us understand how we can better serve you.
Where You Can Find More Information
There is a lot of information surrounding COVID-19 and what Main Street Bank is doing to help. Please review our Latest News and Updates page to learn more.